Admissions will be open later for the sessions for the academic year (2021 - 2022) starting in July 2021.
10 Month ‘Fellowship Programme’ includes 7 months of course work, two months of internship, project work and presentation of the dissertation.
You need to have a graduate degree in any discipline to be eligible for this course. In special cases, this requirement can be waived if you have sufficient work experience / conceptual understanding of issues connected to education and a good working knowledge of English.
A maximum of 25 participants will be admitted to this course. The age of participants may vary from 22 to 50+ years of age.
This course aims to satisfy a range of learning styles and requirements.
There will be no exams; however the rigour of documentation, research, consolidation and end of module presentation is held. For dissertation, fellows can take up assignments for four out of the eight modules and can submit their work as PPTs, videos/ short documentaries, talks or workshops at the end of the year. Through the year collaborative work and group projects are focused on.
How will we Learn?
“The Medium is the Message”
- Marshall McLuhan
How we learn determines our learning in significant ways. The Bhoomi curriculum includes not only content but also many interconnected and evolving processes.
Bhoomi’s courses are designed such that a participant can
- Focus more on experiential and hands-on learning or on book and research based learning, or a mix of these.
- Learn through the way we live and work together as a community,
- Through field trips, projects and
- Through the many inspiring teachers who visit us…
The programme is conducted in four learning modes:
- Classroom Sessions: Held for seven months, these include presentations and interactive talks by pioneers and practitioners in education and sustainable living; presentations by students on books, topics, articles and projects of their choice; workshops on holistic thinking; self-exploration; and planning and discussion.
- Field Trips: Field trips to alternative and community learning spaces and pioneering institutions experimenting with education, observation classes in Prakriya Green Wisdom School.
- Learning Partnerships: As a fellow in the programme, you will be a learning partner, a co-creator of learning involved in active participatory learning. You will engage with real-life projects, collaborative work and hands-on activities, apart from secondary research and study on education for sustainability and wellbeing.
- Community Interaction: The extended community of Bhoomi members, learning partners, the Senior Fellows, facilitators and others keep alive the vibrancy of Bhoomi events and form a meaningful context for learning through living.