Bhoomi Award Ceremony and Bhoomi College Open Day
Join the Bhoomi Community on Friday the 7 th of April, 2017 to get to know more about Bhoomi programmes including the Postgraduate Diploma programmes offered. Join in to engage with a group of people who commit to earth wise living and discover ways, big and small to align with essentials needed in today’s times.
- Spend the afternoon in the lush green campus
- Interact with Bhoomi alumni and friends of Bhoomi
- Engage in a panel discussion about Bhoomi
- Meet Eco heroes like Piyush Manush and witness the Bhoomi Award ceremony
- Enjoy Bangalore Little Theatre production - ‘The Prophet and The Poet’
- Round up the evening with wholesome nutritious food from Bhoomi’s Kitchen
Venue: Prakriya Green Wisdom School Campus
Time: 03.00 pm to 09.00 pm
Please RSVP to the event by writing to us at email@example.com.
The Bhoomi Award for Localisation
The Bhoomi Award has been instituted by the Bhoomi Network, a unit of the KNA Foundation for Education, Bangalore, a public charitable trust registered in 1995. The KNA Foundation has also established the Bhoomi College and the Prakriya Green Wisdom School at Bangalore, India.
The Bhoomi Award has been established to celebrate the spirit and honour the work of individuals, organisations and communities in India that have made outstanding contributions towards economic localisation and/or community based local ecological projects and activities.
The purpose of the Bhoomi Award includes:
- Promotion of public understanding of the root level problems created by the globalised techno-economic system and to focus attention on the importance of localisation as one of the solutions the world needs.
- Support for individuals, organisations and communities who have taken responsibility for and engaged in local issues/ projects for ecological and social wellbeing.
- Involvement of youth in any location / college in India in nominating candidates for the Bhoomi Award and thereby creating awareness of and possibilities for work for ecological wisdom and social justice.
About the Bhoomi Award
This Award will include a certificate, a plaque depicting the Bhoomi logo and Award money of 10 Lakhs INR. The Bhoomi Award will be conferred annually to the selected person/organisation during a ceremony to be held at Bangalore during the first or second week of April.
The Nomination and Selection Process
Nominations for the Awardee can be made by any student of any college or any youth in India.
The Trustees of KNA Foundation, the Bhoomi team and the students of the Bhoomi College will engage in a selection process to identify the recipient of the Bhoomi Award each year.
The selection process will be governed by rules and regulations framed by the Trustees.
The First Bhoomi Award
The first Bhoomi Award will be presented to Shri Piyush Manush, who was the prime mover who mobilised a large community of residents of Salem City, Tamil Nadu, to revive two large lakes in Salem.
The first Bhoomi Award recipient, Shri Piyush Manush was selected by the Bhoomi team.
The Award will be presented to Shri Piyush Manush on 7th April 2017 at the Bhoomi Campus, Bangalore, at a ceremony where he will also share his thoughts and experiences and interact with Bhoomi students and others present.
The programme will include a panel discussion on Education for Sustainable Living by the Bhoomi College facilitators, students and alumni as well as a play by Bangalore Little Theatre titled, "The Prophet and the Poet", on conversations between Mahatma Gandhi and Rabindranath Tagore.
3:00 pm: Registration
3:30 pm: Panel Discussion on Education for Sustainable Living
4:15 pm: Open Forum and Tea
5:15 pm: Presentation of the Bhoomi Award to Shri Piyush Manush - Talk by Piyush Manush
6:45 pm: "The Prophet and the Poet" - A play by Bangalore Little Theatre On Conversations between Mahatma Gandhi and Rabindranath Tagore
8:15 pm: Dinner
RSVP for dinner latest by 5th April 2017, firstname.lastname@example.org