1. Foundation Module
a. Connecting with Self, Land and Community
This module is designed with the belief that the first lesson of sustainable living is for us to own up a sense of belonging and stewardship to the eco-systems we are a part of. It will include the following:
- Activities on the Land & Community Living: Participants will have the opportunity to connect with the land through the Bhoomi garden as they observe, work on and grow food as a community. They also dwell on understanding the significance of commons and community.
- Holistic Enquiry: This includes understanding how reductionist science and linear logic impacts our perception. Looking at Gaia Theory, Systems Thinking and Complexity Theory enables participants to engage with the holistic approach.
- Inner and Outer Ecology: This is a five day residential programme to learn from principles of Nature and focus on our patterns of thinking, feeling and behaviour. Facilitators and the group participate in a journey of holistic enquiry in Nature, within oneself and with each other.
b. Food and Wellness
This module focuses on building awareness about conscious eating and health. Connections are drawn between chemical free food and ecological living, also how food affects climate change. Participants will be involved in hands on sessions to learn recipes for healthy and safe food and commit to it as a way of life.
c. Perspectives on Chemical Free Farming
This module will focus on understanding and building perspectives on the need for chemical free agriculture and the link between chemical agriculture and climate change. The different approaches to ecological agriculture will be introduced. Through reading, discussions, interactions with a few experts and hands on work participants will engage with possibilities in the field.
d. Ecological Living in Urban Area
This module examines the issues of relentless urbanization and whether the concept of regenerative cities can be made a practical reality; other areas that we will focus on are water and waste management.
e. Holistic Design for Living
This module focuses on looking at design through the lens of ecological sustainability. Participants reflect on the direction they wish to take and design their living accordingly. They work on a project proposal integrating the learning from this module.
f. Equity and Economics
This module brings to focus the connection between the current economic model, environmental degradation and marked social inequalities. Experience of legal issues for environmentalism, human justice and equity as well as political process governance, is shared by activists and experts.
The social entrepreneurship module looks at making connections between individuals’ intent, strengths and possibilities for meaningful social action.
g. Life Space Design
In this session we will explore the transition from Bhoomi back to real-world where you may want to start your own enterprise or sustain as an individual freelancer. We will explore how to design your life in a way that you are able to find your ikigai, how to design your offering / business and how to bring it into the world.
The fellows will touch upon various crafting traditions of India.
The module will give hands-on experience of crafting and creating with hands, and the joys of experiencing being a crafter - creator.
2. Real Time Project
3. Immersive Module and Learning Journey
The focus of the Immersive Module will be
- Self initiated and self designed learning
- Learning by doing (experiential)
- Research & Self study
- Collaboration & Peer learning
- Mentored by experienced facilitators/ practitioners
The focus of Learning Journey will be
- Experiences and visiting spaces
- Interacting with people/ groups working in the field
Participants need to take up an internship in areas that they wish to explore, with alternative schools, educational initiatives, NGOs, organisations, farmers or others engaged in meaningful activities working towards ecological living, livelihoods and holistic education. The internship is for a period of 6 weeks.
5. Integration & Sharing
Fill the application form HERE