About the College
Bhoomi College, the Institution…
The Bhoomi College is part of a group of institutions established by the K.N.A.Foundation for Education, a Public Charitable Trust Established in 1995:
These institutions are committed to work with a focus on “Earth Consciousness” and holistic living and learning.
The management and community processes of these institutions also follow principles of Nature/ Ecology, which include a strong emphasis on fostering diversity, flow of energy and resources, interconnectedness and an holistic approach.
“All things are connected” as Chief Seattle said, and a holistic approach which values all elements, all connections, we believe is the only way.
At Bhoomi College, we are committed to a holistic approach that includes:
- Owning up and living out a philosophy of earth consciousness that goes beyond anthropocentric beliefs and theories.
- Integration of the sciences, economics, the arts as well as other disciplines
- Conceptual understanding, hands-on work and striving for congruence of thought, feeling and action
- Inner and outer ecology – personal enquiry as well as sensitivity to and understanding of ecological and psychological issues along with cutting edge thinking on sustainability.
The Bhoomi Campus is a space for learning through living as well as through classrooms, books and other media.
Most buildings are built with stabilized mud blocks and tiled roofs or ‘filler’ roofs which use less concrete. Rainwater harvesting and black water recycling help minimize our waterprint.
90% of the energy used for lighting, fans etc is from the Sun and compost toilets reminds us of completing nature’s cycles – everyday…
- The Sankalan Centre which has guest houses for residential accommodation and a ‘Learning Kitchen’ and a dining room made with mud bags.
- The office, Library and the ‘Eternal Shiva’ Hall
- An organic vegetable garden and a small orchard.
- The neighbouring campuses of Prakriya Green Wisdom School and the Bhoomi College have more than a 100 species of trees and an uncounted number of shrubs, herbs, birds, insects and other creatures of the world…
Work rooms including seminar halls, the Bhoomi Network rooms, a paper re-cycling room and the weaver’s room.
Short programmes: of 1 to 5 days duration in these clusters:
- Food, Holistic Health, Gardening and Farming
- Holistic perspectives (on Agriculture, Economics, Science, Ecology, etc.)
- Ecological Education and Co-creating a Green Campus
- Deep Ecology and Learning from Wilderness
One Year Post Graduate Programme:Science and Management for Sustainable Living:
This course is focussed on supporting students who wish to take up green careers and foster in themselves a deeper understanding of ecology, modern development and ‘earth consciousness’. The course would include about 4 months of learning in the Bhoomi Campus and 6 months of internships in NGOs, farms, CSR departments of Corporate Organisations
Click for More Details…